Recently I came across a great article on PetaKids that detailed 10 great ways that everyone in the family including kids could get involved and help your local shelters.
The article covers the answers from Sydney and Alexandria, both 12 years of age, and their suggestions of how others can help rescues. You can read the entire article on the PetaKids website but below are the highlights from their suggestions.
1. Educate your friends and family.
2. Ask for birthday donations.
3. Raise money for animals.
4. Volunteer at your local animal shelter.
5. Adopt animals from shelters.
6. Set up a donation drive.
7. Foster an animal.
8. Speak up.
9. Be kind to animals of all ages.
10. Spread the word.